While some human medications can be used safely in pets, always consult your veterinarian first. Never assume that medications which are safe for children or babies are also safe for pets. Here is a list of some of the most common causes of medication toxicity,
Tylenol (even a single, small dose can be fatal to cats)
Adderall (used to treat ADHD in children)
If you suspect your pet has ingested a medication, call your veterinarian immediately. If poisoning is suspected, take the medication packaging with you to the vet. Most importantly, be honest with your veterinarian and staff about what your pet may have ingested. Accidents happen. We are not there to judge you. Knowing what your pet may have eaten saves precious time and avoids the expense of unnecessary diagnostics.